Sunday, May 8, 2011

the last 72 hours...hospitals, packing & planes...

the last 72 hours have been filled with tears....
have been a blur.....
feels crazy...
and this is why....
In the picture above are 2 of the most precious women in my life (only my sister is missing!)...
my mom and my great grammy....(she is 91)....

My great grammy has been in the hospital since last week...they told us just a couple days ago that she was suffering from kidney failure after a surgery and she wouldn't make it...

My favorite thing she says when you ask her: "How are you Grammy?"....
ans she says: "oh, I'm still breathing!"....
and my heart just was broken over the thought of her "not still breathing"....

Family rushed from everywhere...they are still with her now
Me and my sister prayed for God to strengthen her little, old body.
Grammy brightened up for the first time when we went to the hospital and she saw the baby.

The doctor's told us yesterday that she was doing better, and her kidneys were working and getting back to normal!

My mom told her on Friday, "Grama, you're a fighter! You tell yourself, I'm gonna get better! You fight this grama! You are going to get better!"

I told her it had been Cinco de Mayo....and I sang her a little Mariachi song, and she tried to dance along.

Love and joy can help heal so many people who are hurting, or at least lift their spirits.

I am so happy my Grammy will keep breathing here on Earth for a little bit longer. This last 72 hours has been sleepless and feels like a blurry stretch of like 6 months in 3 days. And I was packing and getting on planes all afternoon and night lugging lots of baby gear and make-up and just feeling like so much was and had just happened,

I am working, doing make-up on something really exciting, (which meant nothing with all that was happening to my grama, but I am soooo excited she's going to be ok!) that I can't wait to tell you guys about when it comes out. But for now I need to go to bed because I have an early call time in the morning...and mom and baby get to come with me.

I'll tell you more later but I'm exhausted, yet rejoicing that we get to enjoy Grammy for a little bit longer...Sweet dreams or sweet mornings....

and if you are going through something that is threatening the life of yourself or someone you love, remember...."you are a fighter...you're going to fight this! Be strong! Say, I'm going to get better!" or encourage someone who's fighting for their life...to keep fighting!

huge love, your friend kandee

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...